ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Z170M Pro4S - not start after update to beta 2.23
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170M Pro4S - not start after update to beta 2.23

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koky999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z170M Pro4S - not start after update to beta 2.23
    Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 4:40pm
Hello there.

I have a problem. I am building one rig for my friend and I chose this MB. It comes with BIOS 1.00, so I updated it to to last stable version 2.20. During some version there were problem, that it can't be flashed, because of secure check fail. I tried different flash drives and repeated download. Sometimes it successful update after few reboots.

Everything works fine, I installed OS (Windows 10) and then I go to flash beta BIOS 2.23 with SkyOC support. I go to Instant Flash and chose the beta version. It successful finished and then asked "Press enter to reboot". I pressed Enter, PC reboots and then black screen and after few seconds first beep error code - 2 shorts (Memory parity error), after another few seconds next error with 5 shorts (Processor error) and last is 9 shorts (ROM checksum error). And then it repeats.

I guess MB or BIOS ROM is defective after beta update. Any suggestions? Is there any options for BIOS recovery?

Thank you, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 5:29pm
Merry Christmas Party

You are getting activity from the board so the flash is not bad. Remove the power from the system then take out the battery and set the clear CMOS jumper in the clear position. After about an hour or so return the clear CMOS jumper to it's default position then replace the battery and power up the system again. 

Any time you have post issues after a BIOS flash the first step is always to clear CMOS.
Koky999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koky999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 5:33pm
I forget to write I tried to clear CMOS. I will try your process. I tried remove battery and set jumper for only 10 minutes, but I will try an hour.

Thanks.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 5:56pm
If it comes to it and you can't get the system to post you can purchase a new BIOS chip directly from ASRock for $5.00. 

You can find the info here.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 6:25pm
2..20 Has an ME update.

Did you leave the usb stick while rebooting after it flashed the BIOS?
Koky999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koky999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 6:31pm
I plugged it off when I booted to Windows after flashing 2.20, not while rebooting. I think...
Koky999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koky999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2015 at 1:07am
Well I tried to Clear CMOS and pull battery out for few hours and still didn't work. I hope new CMOS memory will help Unhappy
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2015 at 1:49am
A new BIOS chip should sort out your problems. As far as I am aware you can order the chip with the BIOS version of your choice so be sure to order one with the Sky-OC BIOS version preflashed.
Koky999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koky999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2015 at 1:57am
Yes, that is exactly what I want to try. Thanks for help. I will write when I will receive new chip with my results.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2015 at 1:57am
Good luck to you Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic