ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x570M Prov 4 Video Input not Supported

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gseaborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x570M Prov 4 Video Input not Supported
    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 8:51am
My System consists of

X570M Pro 4
Ryzen 3700X
VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 AMD Ryzen Memory
CRUCIAL MX500 2.5" 1TB SATA SSD
MSI GeForce GT 710 1GB LP V1 Video Card

I upgraded the UEFI to version 3.0, and now when I go to install an OS (RHEL 7.8), it gets part way and then video stops working, with a message that input is not supported. I am using a simple vga monitor (happens with 2 other monitors as well). When I tried using HDMI, the screen just freezes

I removed the CMOS battery for ten minutes, but same thing. I downgraded the UEFI to version 2.30, which was on the board originally, however, it is still happening.

I tried to go into the UEFI shell, but it says there isn't one.

I tried putting in a second GT 710 card, from another working system (exact same setup), and it still turns off the video with the "input not supported' message.

I have three other systems, with the exact same configuration, however, on this one something appears to have been corrupted, and installing/reinstalling the UEFI is not fixing it.

I have run out of ideas how to rectify this problem, and get this motherboard working properly again. Your assistance is appreciated!

Best regards,
Gregory

gseaborn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gseaborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 6:41am
It just happened on another board.

Interesting, when I use my 19" HP monitor, the error message says something different:

Input Signal Out of Range
Change Settings to 1440x900 - 60 Hz

This is extremely frustrating. Obviously, I shouldn't have upgraded the UEFI (BIOS) to v3.0.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Gregory
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic