ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drive not available in BIOS boot option

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psypha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drive not available in BIOS boot option
    Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 8:30pm
Motherboard: Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 
Storage: Sandisk ultra II SSD

Recently upgraded from 250GB Evo Transcend SSD to 980GB Sandisk SSD.

Used Acronis True Image to peform disk clone and setting of boot disk option.

The only way I can get the system to boot is via F11 boot menu and choosing the Sandisk SSD.

I've tried going into the primary BIOS interface to the boot option selection, the disk does not appear in the options.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Psy
Democracy under man is the illusion of choice inside an impenetrable shadow.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 11:35pm
My guess is the Acronis clone to the SanDisk SSD is somehow flawed, causing the issue.

Or, related to that, is the "... setting of boot disk option." by Acronis, as you wrote.

What exactly was done with Acronis to set boot disk options?

You can try running Windows Disk Management, or in a Command Prompt, the diskpart command, and check the partitions on the Transcend and SanDisk SSDs, and see if they are identical.

I haven't used Acronis for disk cloning, but when I've used Macrium Reflect (free version), I've never had any problems with the drive receiving the clone not being in the boot order.

I've never needed to clear the UEFI/BIOS after a clone to get the new OS drive recognized.

I'm not familiar with your board's boot options, if that is related to this issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic