ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

z97 Killer Keyboard incompatibility

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuardBr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: z97 Killer Keyboard incompatibility
    Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 10:36am
Hello guys, i'm new here, and i want to know if someone can help me with this thing... 

I bought new parts for my PC in last month. Mobo, CPU. GPU and a keyboard. 
I installed all the parts, installed my win 10 and used for 5 days so, the keyboard comes. I installed the keyboard and i notice that sometimes the keys don't strike, sometimes it's striking repetitively liiiiiiiiiiiike that. I tested the keyboard on other PC and all were ok, i tested a identical keyboard and the problem is the same. If i use my old x7 GV800, is all ok, but if i use a identical keyboard,a Multilaser Warrior TC199 that my friend bought together with me, this problem occur.I tested the keyboard in 3 PC and is OK. I tested my system with Win 7, 8.1, 10 and MiniWin from HBCD and in all of them, the problem occour.

Another problem is that if i try to boot the system with a USB HDD, with HBCD, a live linux or a windows installation, the HD stop to work at the middle of the process. The only way to boot successful is using the "Killer" USB port, dedicated to mouse. With this port, i can boot with any USB bootable unit.

I changed PSU, RAM, cleared BIOS, updated BIOS and nothing solves this problems.

I tried change the compatibility options in the BIOS, but the problem persist. Another thing is, if i disable the USB 3.0 in the bios,the USB 3.0 ports still working and the issues with the keyboard increase. With the option disabled, is impossible to use the keyboard inside the UEFI BIOS because of the annoying randomness of the problems.

So, i installed a PCI USB 2.0 card, and using the keyboard with this card it's working very well. I think that i have a incompatibility between the mobo and the keyboard, because using a old keyboard or with this card, all the problems with the USB vanish.

There are anything more that i can do? This incompatibility is a "acceptable" thing or is a RMA case? 

Sorry for the bad english, i'm Brazilian and i thank everyone that try to help me. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic