FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X99e-ITX/AC Broadwell-E

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X99e-ITX/AC Broadwell-E
    Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 11:06am
Broadwell-E was delayed by Intel until Q2 of 2016, meaning sometime after April 1, 2016.

I'm sure the UEFI/BIOS updates for X99 boards for Broadwell-E will be available before these processors are released.

There will be four Broadwell-E HEDT processors this time. Two 6 core models, one 8 core, and the first Intel consumer 10 core CPU, the i7-6950X. All are still rated at 140W TDP.

The top of the line HEDT i7- X processors are always at least $1K, but since Broadwell Mainstream processors tend to be pricey, would I be surprised if the i7-6950X was ~$1.5K? Nope. Censored
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by C4PPY C4PPY wrote:

Is the BIOS update for the current X99 be ready for Broadwell-E launch?

You could probably bet your last dollar on it. If not at launch date very soon thereafter.

Again, I haven't read anything lately that implies a refresh board. Early on the speculation ran that way but lately I've read all X99/2011-3 boards will support it.

Two generations per socket has been the rule. Yet knowing Intel lately ...........
C4PPY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C4PPY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 7:52pm
I already have 2,5x X99 platforms in the house, and one of them would be upgraded to Broadwell-E.
Was just curious about if i need a refresh board or it would support it with a BIOS update.

Is the BIOS update for the current X99 be ready for Broadwell-E launch?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 5:49pm
Don't misunderstand me, Broardwell-E is great/awesome.

But if I myself had a need that could be postponed, IMO Skylake-E is worth waiting over.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 5:45pm
From what I've read on the internet the Broadwell-E's will be supported on the current X99/2011-3 boards. With a BIOS update of course.

But with Skylake-E somewhere near, why not wait? I haven't read that many glowing reports on Broadwell-E other than skip it and hold out for Skylake-E.

Some serious money to chance being disappointed in expectations. Skylake-E on the other hand is a generation newer and with that comes much greater prospects/expectations
C4PPY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C4PPY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 5:24pm
Hi Asrock!

Will there be support for Broadwell-E on this or other of your current X99 boards?

Best Regards
C4PPY

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic