FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B550 Steel Legend (M) Bios Version

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MadScientist View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B550 Steel Legend (M) Bios Version
    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 7:51am
That depends on where you are purchasing your MB from and how much turn over they have. That MB needs bios P1.20 to run a ryzen 5000. There should be a sticker on the MB's chipset that says what bios the MB has. You can ask the vendor to check it for you. https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550%20Steel%20Legend/index.asp#BIOS
Nic_7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic_7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 7:27pm
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to build a new Gaming PC at the beginning of Novembre due to the new hardware launching since then. As processor i wanna use the upcoming ryzen 5 5600x but thats where my question comes in. Does Asrock ship new produced boards always with there most recent Bios version for the Board or do i need to update the Bios before putting a new CPU on there? That might be a Problem cause i only have a Ryzen 7 1700x. Did anyone recently buy a new Asrock board and can answer my question?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic