ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X57- Creator - No SATA drives working - A6 and A9
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X57- Creator - No SATA drives working - A6 and A9

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X57- Creator - No SATA drives working - A6 and A9
    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 4:23am
Hello

Ive been using my X570 creator motherboard for a while with no issues. I recently (a few days ago) purchased 2 10TB Ironwolf SATA drives to use with it and have noticed SATA appears totally not functional.

My system is configured as such:

X570 Creator running Bios 3.0.0 flashed using the Quick Flash Button on the back of the motherboard
Ryzen 3950x
64 GB DDR 3600 Ram (2 x 32 GB chips)
1 Titan X (G200) GPU
1 3090 FE GPU
1 1TB Sabrent m2 SSD
2x 10 TB Ironwolf Drives (not working)
Fractal Design Define 7 XL Case with Built in Fan Controller
Kraken X62 CPU Cooler

When my system boots I occasionally see A6 or A9 'Dr Diagnostic' errors which require a reboot or reset to pass. Once the system fully boots the Dr Diagnostic warning goes away, and the system appears fully functional.

Booting into the Bios and using the storage manager shows no connected SATA drives.

Things I have tried:

* Different PSU's
* New SATA power cables
* New SATA data cables
??Different SATA ports on the motherboard
* Verified both HDD's working via external USB 3.0 drive enclosure
* Different SATA HDD's did not work
* Sata SSD's do not work
* Flashing / Resetting BIOS (no change)
* Forcing sata power ON in BIOS (from Auto for all SATA channels)

Things I have noticed:

No OS see's the SATA drives (nor the BIOS) - and they appear to not spin at all - even if plugged into SATA power from the PSU when the PSU is on. Plugin in Data cable doesn't cause a spin up either. The drives spin up when placed into a USB enclosure and seem to be recognized over USB just fine?

Ive noticed that my Kraken CPU pump no longer lights up, and the built in Fan Controller also now appears unhappy and not functional - the motherboard Fan Slots appear to function however, and I can power my fans via the various 3/4 pin fan plugs around the board.

I can't imagine the Fan Controller and the SATA controller having anything to do with one another, other than they both receive power from SATA / PSU.

Is there a diagnostic I can run to check if SATA is functioning properly on the motherboard?

Thank you.

vade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 4:27am
I should note - disconnecting the SATA drives appears to have no intermittent A6 or A9 post errors.
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 9:53am
Try disconnecting everything from the USB ports, just guessing.
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

vade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 12:40pm
Why is Asrock support not actually supporting their customers? Ive gotten no replies to emails, no support on the forum, or on twitter, or on Facebook. This is insufferable.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic