ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatality Z170 K6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyswatter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatality Z170 K6
    Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 3:45pm
Finally got a brand new system put together using parts/cash/gift cards  I received from Christmas.  Nearly everything is new short of my Samsung 500gb SSD.

I had some trouble installing Windows 7 (since I didn't have a profile yet for win 10) since I couldn't get the mouse to work, but finally got through it.

Now I seem to be having a ton of crashing.  I downloaded all drivers right from ASRock site for MB and for other components from their site to ensure most up to date.  Didn't put anything else on the machine yet short of Steam and a couple of games.

Just navigating web or pc, I would get some BSOD:
1st one - DRIVER IRQL NNOT LESS OR EQUAL (bwcW8x64.sys)
2nd - Faulty Hardware Corrupted page

I got both of these a couple of times.  Then I kept having issues with games. Frequent lock ups or crashes, usually in the beginning as the game was loading.  Temps, fans, etc. all in good shape for all components, including GPU.

I tried ditching the dual monitor, dropped down from 100hz to 60hz, disabled GSync, etc.  Still having the issues.   I have NOTHING overclocked.

Looking at the first error on google lead to me a lot of MSI users complaining about Killer LAN software suite causing issues.  So I found the work around to remove that  and install just the drivers.  So far, so good, but I haven't tested it totally thoroughly.

Anyway, has anybody else had issues with Killer LAN?  Seems a shame to not have the software suite as that was one of the features that drove me to this board.

ASRock Fatality Z170 Gaming K6
Intel i7 6700k
16gb G.Skill RipjawsV DDR4 2400
Asus GeForce GTX 980Ti STRIX
Corsair H100i GTX
1200W Thermaltake Toughpower Grand
Antec 1100 V2
Acer Predator X34
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic