ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Keyboard & Mouse not working. Can't Continue boot
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Keyboard & Mouse not working. Can't Continue boot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sk80au View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sk80au Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keyboard & Mouse not working. Can't Continue boot
    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 5:45pm
I fixed this finally:

My existing keyboard is not fully compatible with UEFI so I used a very old keyboard and connected via PS2 to USB adapter and they keyboard worked!
sk80au View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sk80au Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 4:54pm
I tried both using jumper method and removing battery to clear the CMOS.
sk80au View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sk80au Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 4:46pm
Hi,
The model is ASRock B460m-itx/ac.
Ive cleared the CMOS already!
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 4:44pm
Dear sk80au,

Thanks for posting!

Do you know the model name of the motherboard?
There is a simple method that will allow BIOS load to default.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
sk80au View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sk80au Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 4:28pm
Hi all,

I started to build a new gaming PC but first I had the issue with the system not booting at all when my new graphics card was plugged in. I used a very old graphics card (that doesn't require 6 or 8pin power) and the system booted eventually but then I made some changes to the BIOS and accidentally disabled the legacy USB. Now none of the front/back USB ports work not even after clearing CMOS! I get a prompt to press F1 to continue but since the keyboard isn't working I can't do anything. It's really frustrating that engineering in ASRock never thought about this! Why would disabling legacy USB would disable all USB ports and why the option to boot must be selected if the USB ports not working. I think this is a serious bug.

I used PS2 to USB adapter and it didn't work either.

Now I have a system that can't even boot with new graphics card and if it boots (with old card) I can't do anything! Gigabyte for example has the Q Flash that you can updated the BIOS automatically without going into BIOS.

This would be my first and last ASRock motherboard!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic