ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

128 GB of memory in x399 Professional Gaming?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sergeminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 128 GB of memory in x399 Professional Gaming?
    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 2:38am
Hi,

I'm trying to build a new PC using a ASRock Fatal1ty x399 Professional Gaming motherboard (for AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2970WX) and I was wondering how is it possible to get the 128 GB of max memory that the manual indicates as the top limit if the list of certified memory sticks accepted only includes 16GB with max DIMM socket support of 8 at most, according to the official list there are no 32GB supported:

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20X399%20Professional%20Gaming/index.asp#Memory

Am I misunderstanding what the list means? Does it mean that it might be possible that the system works with some 32GB sticks to be able to have 8 of those and reach the 128GB max memory but it's not guaranteed that it will work?

If that's the case, are there some recommendations of which exact brand and models can achieve that?

Thanks!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 3:04am
8 x 16gb = 128gb
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic