ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450M Steel Legend can't boot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kortiz2702 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortiz2702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 11:47am
IM HAVING THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM LIKE YOU I JUST UPDATE TO THE NEWEST VERSION FOR AMD 5000 SERIES AND THAT sh*t HAPPENS. I TRY THE BATTERY PROCESS LIKE 7 TIMES BUT DIDNT WORK.

PLEASE SOME BODY HELP US I NEED MY PC BACK.
Auron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 2:24pm
Forgot to mention BIOs was upgraded as I am considering getting a 5000 series CPU I am currently using a 3200G.
Auron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 2:23pm
Hi all,

Having trouble with my B450M Steel Legend motherboard.

I recently updated the BIOs to 3.60 which did say on the support page supports Ryzen 5000 series. I have noticed now it does not.

The problem I am having is if I change a setting in my BIOs save and reboot I just get a black screen. This is extremely frustrating as I then have to take my PC out of the small space its in open it up and remove the BIOs battery.

When I do this 9/10 times when trying to POST the motherboard just turns on black screen then reboot loops or stays on and does nothing.

I have also tried to power drain before and after taking the battery out which worked once or twice however no longer appears to be working to get the system to post.

I am in between trying to fix a totally messed up Windows install as well so this is just more frustration ontop.

If someone can help that would be great. Is this BIOs buggy??? I also noticed after flashing this BIOs the POST beep sounds different to the standard POST beep you would normally hear on a computer or this motherboard (there are no extra beeps just the one to confirm post). Should it have changed they way it sounds with this update?

Cheers,

Auron
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic