ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

b450 pro4 m.2 nvme is not detecting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waltran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: b450 pro4 m.2 nvme is not detecting
    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 1:04am
this is the nvme brand new
https://personal.kioxia.com/tr-tr/ssd/exceria-nvme-ssd.html

spend 2 hours playing with every setting and we couldn't get it to detect in the bios storage configuration or in windows disk manager.

any help is appreciated
waltran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waltran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 4:17am
https://www.reddit.com/r/ASRock/comments/k43l28/b450_pro4_doesnt_detect_nvme_m2_ssd/
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 6:11pm
not on the QVL for your motherboard .. doesn't mean it shouldn't work though .. have you tried installing on another motherboard to see if it works and that you are not dealing with a dead drive?
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 6:11pm
..and if you don't see it in the BIOS, you are not going to see it in Windows
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
waltran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waltran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 5:11am
Originally posted by ThreeDee ThreeDee wrote:

not on the QVL for your motherboard .. doesn't mean it shouldn't work though .. have you tried installing on another motherboard to see if it works and that you are not dealing with a dead drive?

checked the driver in an asus mobo and it works.
i guess asrock mobo is either faulty or this is a QVL problem, but honestly WHO CHECKS QVL for nvme drives really...
cah4e34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cah4e34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 5:44am
I have the same problem. Bought a new SSD Kingston a2000 nvme. BIOS and Windows do not see the disk. I have the same motherboard. Have you solved this problem? Can you help me with something
muziqaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muziqaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 3:58pm
Usage of M.2 slots is very dependent on external factors. If you have other pcie devices plugged into certain PCIe slots, those might disable M.2 slots. On some motherboards plugging in something into certain SATA slots might disable M.2 slot.

System set up description is essential here. Please provide detailed system specs and what PCI-e/SATA ports are being used for us to help you out.
SSD QVL is stupid and should not exist
folding@home
cah4e34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cah4e34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 12:31am
Asrock b450m pro4. In addition to m2, HDD Toshiba p300 1TB and SSD SATA Kingston a400 120 GB is installed. Ryzen 1200 processor.16 gb 4x4 RAM. Gigabyte aorus Rx 570 4Gb video card. Gamemax GE600 power supply (600 watts). M2 installed in ULTRA m2 with NVMe support but tried it in another slot. Unplug all other drives but nothing helps. Bios the latest version. PCIE2 SATA3,4 slots occupied. But I looked at the specifications, and it said that only the second m2 slot has common lines with SATA3.
muziqaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muziqaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 3:09pm
In BIOS, Advanced/Storage Configuration section, ensure that SATA mode is set to AHCI, and I take it NVMe drive does not show up in the list of Storage devices on the same page?

In Boot/CSM Compatibility section try playing around with "Launch Storage OpROM Policy".
Have a look inside BIOS if you can find any section which deals with M.2/PCI-e speeds and arrangement. I couldn't find it mentioned in online Manual, so most likely it doesn't exist.
folding@home
cah4e34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cah4e34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 8:36am
There is no mention of the new disc in the BIOS at all. Yes AHCI mode selected. CSM also changed but never succeeded. I found some settings related to the speed of m2 and PCI, but I don't really understand. Could you help me please?

Link to photo from BIOS https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11ez5rbWJYKysOuDsbXrnTppsEyiYJgPe?usp=sharing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic