ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

asrock b450m steel legend event 41

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xboxrulez1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: asrock b450m steel legend event 41
    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 10:27am
Im running no overclock on my memory or the cpu or gpu and i've changed memory from crucial ballistix 3000 mhz to corsair lpx memory and i still get the same thing i've changed powersupplies also.

The pc will just intermittenly lock up and black screen and my key caps dont respond and i have to reboot the pc it's been doing this for over a year and still have no clue how to fix it.

event viewer says event 41/6008.

my spec's

ryzen 2600
asrock b450m steel legend
16 gb corsair 3200 lpx memory
coolermaster 600w psu or evga 500 br.
240 crucial bx500 ssd

xboxrulez1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xboxrulez1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 10:56am
also running win10 with latest updates
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 2:18pm
Dear xboxrulez1984
Thank you for the posting.

Regarding the problem of system unstable, we would like to provide some suggestions for you to verify.

1. Clear CMOS by referring to user manual page. 27.
User manual: https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B450M%20Steel%20Legend.pdf
2. Only install CPU, PSU, Cooler, RAM, Graphic card, System disk to test.
3. Install one stick RAM on each slots by turns to repeat suggestion 2 to check if the problem relates to specific RAM stick or slot.
4. Please go to BIOS/Advance/AMD CBS/CPU Common Options to set [Global C-state Control] to [Disable] to try.
5. If possible, please use other CPU, SSD and RAM to cross test.

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xboxrulez1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 3:54am
I've ran memmtest86x with each stick and no errors were reported, also when i disable global c-state the cpu downclocks to 3.72 hz it no longer boost to 3.9.Also everytime touched the clear cmos pins with a screwdriver/paperclip both pins and held it for atleast 10 seconds or longer and it seems to never clear the bios i have to take the battery out.

Also the problems are intermitten, so i cannot replicate them i'd have to run single stick of memory each slot for months and months to see if it finally locks up which isnt very plausible.

Btw im running bios 2.0, i've tried many other bios versions and same results.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xboxrulez1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 10:20am
I was just playing quake 2 and the game froze up with the sound buzzing, i had it set to save a memory dump file, but it didnt make one or i cant find it.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 5:50pm
Dear xboxrulez1984
Thank you for the reply.

For the problem of system reboot, we would like to know if it also happens when the Global C-State is been disabled.

Could you help to verify it?

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic