ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

FM2A88X+Killer RAM Issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrumpyAeroGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FM2A88X+Killer RAM Issue
    Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 10:59am
OK, just installed a FM2A88X+Killer MB and have an interesting issue and am requesting insight/suggestions...

System (all are new components "out of the box"):

Win10x64, latest updates installed

MB: 
(see above)

APU:
AMD A10-7870K

RAM:
CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 Desktop Memory Model CMY32GX3M4A2133C11 (Silver)

SSD:
Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-7KE256BW
PSU:

Corsair CX750M

I have updated to the latest BIOS version for this MB via the BIOS update functionality.

On the BIOS Main page, I am only able to get half of the RAM recognized (16Gb of 32Gb).  I have DIMMs in all 4 slots. Main indicates

A1: DDR3-2133
A2: DDR3-2133

Single channel memory mode.

I have achieved the 2133 speed via an XMP profile.

SO, what am I missing/what am I screwing up ref not getting all of the memory to be "seen"?

BTW, I have no other peripherals on the MB--- APU, RAM Sticks, and that's it (!)

(Minor) Issue 2:

My machine will not restart completely. Win10 acts like it is shutting down, display goes black, monitor power goes off, and machine sits there powered up, but in a "no mans land". To continue with restart, I have to hit the restart button on the case, after which it reboots find.

Any insight or wisdom is welcomed, and, thank you for your assistance in advance.
GrumpyAeroGuy
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 11:25am
1. Grab CPU-z from the authors site HERE
2. If CPU-z, in Windows, will recognize all four sticks, fire up multiple instances of CPU-z on your desktop and post for each stick/slot its "Memory" and "SPD" tabs.

Too, did you set these manually or use their XMP Profiles to let the system/BIOS adjust them?

Edited by wardog - 16 Jan 2016 at 11:26am
GrumpyAeroGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrumpyAeroGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 11:49am
Thanks wardog. 

working it..... stand by
GrumpyAeroGuy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrumpyAeroGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 12:05pm

Accomplished via XMP Profile...

GrumpyAeroGuy
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 6:07pm
1. First, re-seat all four sticks of your memory.

2. Clear your CMOS via the Jumper method described in your manual.
(EDIT: This will obviously remove any memory settings, ie: XMP Profile)
Does the BIOS, after a clearing of the CMOS, recognize all four sticks at their JEDEC Default speed?
If so, continue on to # 3
IF NOT, STOP HERE and post back.

3. I'm not sure this is possible w/o manually setting them vs using XMP, but change the Command Rate(CR) to 2 in the BIOS, Save and Exit, going right back into the BIOS to check the existence of your four sticks.

4. No go yet? Ok. Let's raise the CPU/NB Voltage just a touch and check the results in the BIOS.

BIOS > OC Tweaker > Multiplier/Voltage Change (Set this to Manual) > CPU/NB Voltage (Bump this .05v)

Then "Save and Exit", let reboot and go right back into the BIOS to check if all four sticks magically appear.

If not, go back in and raise it another .05v(.10 TOTAL on two adjustments now) Save and Exit, then recheck again.

Keep us informed please.

Edited by wardog - 16 Jan 2016 at 6:13pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrumpyAeroGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 11:01pm
Give me a bit, and I'll do that.

EDIT: Does BIOS recognize all four sticks at their JEDEC Default speed.....

DO you mean how much RAM is reported on the BIOS main page after this procedure of clearing CMOS?

Edited by GrumpyAeroGuy - 16 Jan 2016 at 11:04pm
GrumpyAeroGuy
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 11:41pm
Yes.

In the BIOS only after you clear the CMOS, are the four sticks recognized while at their default JEDEC programming of, I'm guessing here 1333.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrumpyAeroGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

1. First, re-seat all four sticks of your memory.

2. Clear your CMOS via the Jumper method described in your manual.
(EDIT: This will obviously remove any memory settings, ie: XMP Profile)
Does the BIOS, after a clearing of the CMOS, recognize all four sticks at their JEDEC Default speed?
If so, continue on to # 3
IF NOT, STOP HERE and post back.

1. Did it

2  Did it

BIOS, on its main page is now/still recognizing 16Gb of the 32Gb, running at 1300 or some thing very low like that. Thus, the Clear CMOS was successful, as all of the XMP stuff I set is now reverted back.

CPU-Z on the mem page reports 32, window reports 16

Thus, stopping here aand posting back as requested.
GrumpyAeroGuy
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 11:48pm
Are the two again showing up in in the BIOS as/in slots A1 and A2 as your original post here stated?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 11:57pm
Wife has me running to the store before the snow falls here in Michigan. Be back in 30mins.

In the meantime, lets try something that's easily reversible.

Go into the DRAM settings and if it's not already at a Command Rate(CR) of two change it/them to two and check.

brb
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic