ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

FM2A88X-ITX+ No onboard line out (lime) audio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chippy57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FM2A88X-ITX+ No onboard line out (lime) audio
    Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 7:26am
Hi,

I'm using the board with DVI for video and the line out lime green jack for stereo speaker output.

No HDMI or spdif just simple stuff that l've never had an issue with on any other builds.

I've set the bios with no hdmi audio but onboard and front panel audio enabled.

I've installed the drivers for vga, audio and allinone but don't get any audio device connected and thereby showing as installed in the Sound playback setting in w10.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the ac1150 page from realtek to see if that helped. Sure its something simple like a bios/w10 setting or order of driver package install. 

Uninstalled most of the drivers etc, got the cd and going to go again shortly..

Edited by chippy57 - 17 Jan 2016 at 7:51am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 7:58am
Check in the audio control panel in the pop up in the lower right that the volume is turned up. It wouldn't be the first time this has somehow mysteriously found itself lowered.

Edited by wardog - 17 Jan 2016 at 7:58am
chippy57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chippy57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 8:08am
I don't get any volume control or mixer. There's a red cross on the sound icon which highlighted says no device installed.

It's my first board with an AND chip and hdmi output. Plus the onboard r7. I'm wondering if i'm confusing myself on what audio i require (onboard hd line out)  so i need to disable hdmi and front panel audio in the bios first. Then install drivers for allinone, audi and vga. Then see if finally i get the optiion to select realtek onboard audio for playback im windows settings.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 8:45am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 9:03am
And BTW, the 3.5mm Green out jack located at the rear I/O panel is not HD Audio. But the link I gave above will install both, regardless.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 9:07am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

And BTW, the 3.5mm Green out jack located at the rear I/O panel is not HD Audio. But the link I gave above will install both, regardless.

And that link/driver will give you the Realtek Audio Control Panel with which to control your ALC1150's volume levels, among other audio options.
chippy57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chippy57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 9:04am
Really appreciating the help. Just after stereo audio I know I not going to get HD audio as HDMI is required for that or even multichannel it just for very limited use. I've disabled onboard HD audio although I thought that it was simply onboard audio as there is no option for standard onboard just hd onboard and as the marketing promotes 7.1AC1150 thought it go with hd onboard enabled.

I've installed the Realtek driver 2.79 before and not noticed anything new. Perhaps you have to open the Realtek control panel to change settings but I'm not seeing any playback etc. devices. However when installed there is no Realtek control panel icon on the usual task bar place and also the Realtek folders have little to no content. Perhaps I'll see if there's a universal x86/x64 version. There is a AMD ATI download but that's not 2.79 so not downloaded it.

I've a logitech 2.1 speaker setup that I always use on PC's with no subwoofer. It works and usually if you are slightly off when trying to plug your jacks in you get clicks etc if your volume is on on the speakers but nothing. I've tried with a set of headphones to see if that gave anything or got recognised.

I've just installed the three drivers sets from the asrock site. The allinone, vga and audio drivers. I've got my settings right in the bios im 99% sure of so hoping that installing r279 link here as im running w10x64 works. Done it before but not opened the Realtek control panel which may give me the options i need hopefully. It could be that simple.

Didn't get the choose from ATI or Realtek options as shown in the FAQ answers.

Edited by chippy57 - 18 Jan 2016 at 9:19am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 5:41pm
Strange

In the "Hidden Icons" at the lower right, please use Windows Snipping Tool and do a rectangular capture of what "hidden' icons you do have there please.
chippy57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chippy57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 5:47am
I'm beginning to think that as I'm using DVI-D to my Dell U2413M which has no digital input for audio that its only working with digital audio.

If I enable the HDMI audio in the BIOS then it installs the driver for AMD HDMI audio and display an audio output device in Control Panel > Sound > AMD.
I cannot get it to install the Realtek drivers and recognise that it has onboard Realtek audio or install the Realtek GUI that enables you to set audio output.
Either both my speakers and headphones are suddenly not working or there's so BIOS setting I'm missing.

Ive tried obviously turning off the HDMI onboard as I rwquire analogue audio and both Auto,enabled. disable for onboard Hd audio. The front panel audio I've also turned on/off and tested with and without Realtek drivers installed.

Anyone got simple analogue audio from the lime green jack wokring? Any BIOS or drivers tips/setings to pass along.

Screenshot showing that with HDMI disabled and all drivers installed it detects no audio device. If the HDMI is enable it says no headphones or speakers detected.

If I turn on HDMI audio in BIOS then it detects HDMI and downloads drivers and creates a sound entry in device manager. Otherwise nothing.

Edited by chippy57 - 19 Jan 2016 at 5:54am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 6:06am
Is the onboard audio enabled in your UEFI? It should be under "south bridge configuration", in fact it should be on the same page as the HDMI audio setting you changed, you may need to scroll down to uncover it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic