ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Z170 Pro 4 Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peroni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Jed1990 Jed1990 wrote:

Where did you find the revision 1.01?

About where the blue circle is in this pic

Z170 PRO4
i5 6600
2x8GB Corsair DDR3000
SSD 950 Pro (OS) 850 Evo (data)
GTX 960 4GB
2x LCD
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 12:55am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by peroni peroni wrote:

I just looked at mine, confirmed, there are 7 screws plus you could use two standoffs in the corners as explained by Xaltar.

Side note:

In instances where a case I'm building into does not have the proper mounting holes for standoffs, I having built computers for years and years now, have a bag full of those now old pop-in plastic standoffs that I will grind the threads off and pop into the MBs holes to support that section(s).

One, they're plastic, thus not conductive. Two, they support where no hole is present beneath.

Like these that I linked earlier though I also know the threaded ones you are talking about Big smile

Quote this and clip off the knob at "C" on the diagram. That will give the board extra support at those points.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 6:14am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Like these that I linked earlier though I also know the threaded ones you are talking about Big smile

Quote this and clip off the knob at "C" on the diagram. That will give the board extra support at those points.

Yea! This style are the type you dropped the attached standoffs in the round hole then pushed pushed the motherboard 1/4"-3/8" till it clicked/snapped into place, securing it to the case.

One word of caution here:

Make sure the standoff distance, the distance between the back of the board and the cases mounting plate, are at the same "stand off" distance. ie: the same installed height be it these plastic ones and the more predominant now metal screw in type.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 6:21am
Sheesh wardog,

Also, DO NOT use these plastic types unless only needed.

They are NOT conductive and our boards we use now require grounding via the fastening screws and standoffs to the chassis of the case.

If there is lead built up around the MBs standoff holes where the screw tightens to, that signifies it is meant as a grounding point.

Most times if used around the periphery of the board you're ok. It's around devices, slots, and chipsets that these should not be used on todays boards. This is where grounding is much more important, but a corner or two is most times ok.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic