ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to remove IO cover on X370 Taichi Mobo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trav06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to remove IO cover on X370 Taichi Mobo
    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 4:13am
I have the X370 Taichi mobo and bought the Intel Wifi 6 M.2 2230 kit to upgrade the wifi and bluetooth on the board. I can't access that connection because it's under the white plastic IO guard (see image).

Does anyone know how to remove this? I've tried pulling on it, but don't want to apply too much force and break it. I've also looked to see if there are any screws to remove and haven't found anything obvious yet. Any insight would be much appreciated!

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 9:55pm
this kind of tat plastic is usually prongs underside of board
squeeze them with pliers to pop back to upside of board
ive never taken mine off as i dont use wifi anyway

a quick note though
i recall someone once saying the actual m2 wifi card was under the chipset heatsink
eg the cover shown bottom right of your picture by the led and sata ports

i cant confirm is this is the case though
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Trav06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trav06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 1:35pm
Thanks for the reply! I didn't see prongs on the underside of the mobo, but will check again. I'll also check under the chipset heatsink you mentioned. I'll report back if I figure this out. In the meantime if anyone else has any insight to this please share!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 3:48pm
You will need to pull the board out of the case and remove the screws for the IO
shield, the Wifi adapter is located under it on the x370 Taichi (and all ATX and
mATX sized X370 boards).

There are several small screws on the underside of the board that secure the IO
shield in place.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic