ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B550M Steel Legend use aRGB to CPU temperature

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DerDietmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B550M Steel Legend use aRGB to CPU temperature
    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 11:08pm
Hey there,
i just installed my B550 Steel Legend. I hooked up a panel of 16 WS2812b. All Seems to be working fine but i cannot figure out hot i can set the RGB leds to visualize my CPU temperature.

Combining as a visualizer for music works out of the box from ASRockRGBLed but there is no setting for cpu or mainboard temp.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 12:53am
You would need a 3rd party app to do that, as far as I know ASRockRGBLED doesn't
support that feature. IMO there should have been a standardized format for RGB
from the start rather than every manufacturer having it's own in house firmware
and control software.
DerDietmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DerDietmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 12:22am
Wow, this is really poor. I have had several Asus mainboards that support that feature directly from the Asus software.
Actually indicating CPU Temp by RGB is the only feature I can think of, for that RGB can have any practical use.
So Asrock, please give me that feature!

What kind of third party software are you talking about? I checked hwinfo and Core Temp, none of those seem to be able to access the RGB controller.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic