ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how to clear cmos on asrock b450m pro4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TYRANTx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to clear cmos on asrock b450m pro4
    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 9:12pm
greetings,

i really need a hand resetting my bios to default as my pc is stuck in a bootloop. i dont know where the jumper is on this motherboard, or where the battery is. its possible it could be behind the gpu? i have an rtx 2060 and this is my first time dealing with anything like this. i had no issues until i attempted to OC the cpu / ram. any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
muziqaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muziqaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 3:55pm
It's at the bottom of the motherboard.
If you look at the left edge of metal heatsink which says Asrock on it, and trace the line down to the bottom of the motherboard, you will see two pins which say CLRCMOS1.
I would attach the photo, but work computer does not allow me that.
Alternatively, you can pop the battery out, from the motherboard. battery is held by the clip on left hand side, if you squeeze it, battery will pop out. Obviously follow every procedure explained in the manual.
Actually motherboard manual should have the position of CMOS clear pins visually shown ;)
folding@home
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic