ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nahimic not working on B550M Pro 4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rawbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nahimic not working on B550M Pro 4
    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 12:48am
as the title suggest I got issues with the Nahimic software. I got the latest drivers installed, at least according to the Asrock app, but all Nahimic shows me is "either outdated drivers, or not supported". It was supported just a few days ago, so... is this a 2021 issue?

is there a trick how to properly install it? when using the "app store" to install it, it doesn't even seem to install the software itself anymore, so I went to their website and installed it via the Microsoft Store. again.

I am not really missing anything at the moment, but I really like to have everything working on my system, or at least know why it borked.
MadScientist View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 2:10am
If you did a search of the forum these 2 threads would have come up. One of the threads is 6 pages long.
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17422&title=nahimic-does-not-work-b550m-pro4
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16387&KW=nahimic&title=nahimic-driver-outdated
You did not post what version of Nahimic is currently on your computer. The latest is v1.5.4. The one on Asrock's website is outdated.

I'm assuming you have the Realtek high definition audio driver ver:9030.1_UAD_WHQL_Nahimic installed from here: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550M%20Pro4/#Download
and Nahimic v1.5.4 from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/nahimic/9n36ppmp8s23?cid=msft_web_chart&activetab=pivot:overviewtab
When it installs it should also update the Nahimic Companion driver to V3.1.0.
Check your program groups if it's installed.

Also open Control Panel, then Sound, and if not already, set your speakers as the default device.

Rawbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rawbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 2:45am
I did a search, none of the topics that came up had a working solution. the part about "latest drivers" and where I got the download from should have been a clue which version of Nihimic is running. yes, it is 1.5.4.

it's kinda funny how you start out your post and then run into this funny little issue.

so, just to make it clear. SOUND is working just fine. only the actual Nihimic software is borking around for the only reason that I updated drivers.

I did a clean uninstall of both sound and nihimic, then installed them again, and still no result. all of that BEFORE searching google, reddit, this forum. and deciding a couple hours of more search to write a topic more specific to my circumstances. I see this was a mistake.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 4:26am
Went with the obvious first which yes you covered in your first post.
Try this it worked for me.
Last week I had to re-install Windows 10 v20H2 due to a corrupt registry. I have a B550 Phantom 4 MB. I installed the audio driver, Realtek high definition audio driver ver:9030.1_UAD_WHQL_Nahimic and Nahimic v1.5.4 from the Microsoft store and the Nahimic Companion v3.1.0 driver. When I opened Nahimic it gave me the same error message that you are getting, "outdated drivers, or not supported".
I uninstalled Nahimic, Nahimic Companion, the Realtek audio driver, and started from scratch.
I installed the audio driver and then Nahimic3 ver:1.4.15 from Asrock's download site for my MB. After installing it auto updated to Nahimic3 v1.5.4 and installed the Nahimic Companion 3.1.0 driver. If it does not auto update you can do it manually from Microsoft's store.
Nahimic3 v1.5.4 now works.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 4:31am
Forgot to add that I had to go to Control Panel, then Sound, and re-set my speakers as the default device.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic