FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

New build pc won't boot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New build pc won't boot
    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 3:07pm
Dear Vince,
Thank you for the posting.

According to your description, the problem may relate to the compatibility of the CPU and memory, please refer to the following suggestions to verify.

1. Clear CMOS by referring to user manual page. 27.
User manual: https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B550%20Phantom%20Gaming%204ac.pdf
2. Only install CPU, PSU, Cooler, RAM, Graphic card to check if the system can boot into BIOS setup.
3. Install one stick RAM on each slots by turns to repeat suggestion 2 to check if the problem relates to specific RAM stick or slot.
4. If possible, please use other CPU and RAM to cross test to check if the problem relate to the compatibility of the memory and CPU.

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
VinceL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VinceL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 6:55am
I have build a new pc, and it won't boot. No video at all. The CPU and DRAM red LED lights are lighting up on the mobo on pwoer-on

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
MOBO - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 AC
RAM - Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz DDR4 DRAM (16GBx2)
STORAGE - Western Digital 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVMe SSD
VIDEO - XFX RX 5600 XT THICC II PRO

No OS is installed yet. I can't even get to the BIOS screen - I get no video at all.

I don't have any other desktop computers, so I can't swap components to test what is working and what is not working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic