ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Taichi, Big issue with R9 5900x

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nandobn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 Taichi, Big issue with R9 5900x
    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 11:39pm
Hi,
I recently purchased these products but the BIOS update (3.80) to use the ryzen 5000 series was not successful and my processor does not work on the board but is running on an older board of mine, I tried all BIOS versions at the ASRock site for 5000 series and none of them gave the expected result.
I'm running a second generation ryzen in my Taichi and the board looks like it's working perfectly.
Anyone else with similar problems?
Lazer91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazer91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 5:06am
Hi,

I'm also interested in the answer, since I'm planning the same exact setup of @nandobn (except I'll use a Ryzen 5800x)..

muziqaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muziqaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by nandobn nandobn wrote:

Hi,
I recently purchased these products but the BIOS update (3.80) to use the ryzen 5000 series was not successful and my processor does not work on the board but is running on an older board of mine, I tried all BIOS versions at the ASRock site for 5000 series and none of them gave the expected result.
I'm running a second generation ryzen in my Taichi and the board looks like it's working perfectly.
Anyone else with similar problems?

Did your attempt to update to 3.80 fail and never completed?
In order for you to update BIOS to latest with Second Gen Ryzen, you need to use Asrock Flashback function, which allows updating BIOS even without CPU, I believe. There should be how to in motherboard's manual.

Only 3000 series Ryzen can update latest BIOSes in normal way
folding@home
Jessejohnson529 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessejohnson529 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 4:20am
I have a similar problem, although I don?™t yet have a CPU or GPU. The board lights up when the PSU is turned on, but I expected my fans to turn on when I pressed the power button. It?™s a totally Corsair build besides the board and future GPU and CPU. Everywhere online suggests I should be able to test the board without a CPU (even for BIOS upgrades), but I can?™t find anything suggesting otherwise.

Can this board not turn on without a CPU mounted? To be clear, the onboard LEDs cycle rainbow vomit and the Dr.Debug doesn?™t even show a code. I had hoped to test the chassis fans and see if the USBs were receiving power, or even check out the BIOS while I wait for a CPU and GPU to become available. I?™ve RMAd one board, suspecting shock damage because the board didn?™t come in shock-proof packaging.

Specs:
Chassis - Corsair X680 RGB
PSU - Corsair RM850X
Memory - Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB (2x16GB), using one stick in the 2nd slot
GPU - N/A
CPU - N/A
CPU Cooler - Corsair iCue H100i Elite Capellix 240mm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 5:18am
No, without a CPU it will not power on. It will allow you to flash your BIOS but
it does not power up for that. Check BIOS flashback in your manual for how to
update your BIOS without a CPU.
jinu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 12:03pm
I had this same issue. My Board did not post even with the latest BIOS. It kept giving error D2. However I was able to get the board to post by using the BIOS Flashback button to load the latest BIOS.

Please note to do this you have remove all components on the board (CPU, RAM, SSD, Display card etc). only the motherboard and power need to be connected.

Follow the steps given in the manual for using BIOS Flashback.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic