ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Request to have Resizable Bar Enabled on Zen 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Request to have Resizable Bar Enabled on Zen 2
    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 8:58pm

Hi There,

I would like to request that ASRock enable resizeable bar for Zen 2 CPUs.

As we've seen over the last number of weeks multiple board manufactures have begun enabling this functionality for the previous generation of cpus across a number of chipsets\boards.

My understanding is that currently ASRock are unwilling to do the same. I would very much like to hear from someone at the company why they are taking this stance. Is there some functional limitation to giving us this option? If the reason is non-technical then this is a dealbreaker for me as the performance gains can at times be substantial.

I realize that currently this is only an issue for people with AMD gpu's but once Nvidia support resizable bar you'll want it too. I think it's best to get this sorted sooner rather than later.

It would be great if other user here would add their comments to this thread and show support for this request.

Thanks for your time. p.
psone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 1:51am
Bumping for visability! I really think this topic deserves a response of some description from ASRock.

It's getting views so I know there's interest from other users. It would make all the difference if people who viewed this thread would add to it.

I know it might be a hassle to register and reply but that's what will make the difference.

Cheers.
ogregt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ogregt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 3:55am
I am also looking forward for bios support for AMD SAM for the b550m and Zen2. So far there seems no option in bios v1.50. Does anyone knows if the option is available in v1.80?
psone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 4:44am
As it stands there is no support for zen2 and BAR\SAM on any ASRock board regardless of bios version. As far as I am aware they have stated they will not provide support either.

That is why I have created this thread to try and get some visibilty for this issue and at the very least a response from an representative detailing why they will not support this feature when other board manufacturers are.
Razzer85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razzer85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 3:27pm
Is there any reason from Asrock why Ryzen 2 is not supported as other vendors are implementing it respective already have?

Would like to use it with my 3900X + Phantom Gaming X and 6900 XT.
Razzer85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razzer85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 3:52pm
Found a thread where someone got a beta BIOS version 3.94 for X570 Taichi with Ryzen 2 resizable bar support.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ASRock/comments/l261tx/x570_taichi_bios_394_rebar/

The latest official Beta Bios is 3.91 - maybe it will be released soon.
psone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 7:21pm
Very interesting, finger crossed we'll see something offical make its way into the next round of bios updates across the lineup. Thank you for posting this.

Would still be great to get an official response from the company, but that seems unlikely for whatever reason.
Razzer85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razzer85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 1:40am
For Phantom Gaming X the version 4.0 was released.

Resizable Bar option is now included:

1. Update AMD AGESA ComboAM4v2 1.2.0.0
2. Support Resizable-BAR option
3. Optimize X570 chipset fan curve and also support Semi-Passive mode

Works fine with 3900X!
Ryzen 9 3900X | Kraken X63 | X570 Phantom Gaming X | 64GB Trident Z RGB DDR4-3200 CL14 | RX 6900 XT 16GB | Aorus Raid SSD 2TB PCIe
psone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 6:50pm
That's great Razza.

Using B550 Extreme4 myself. No love here yet. Will have a good look at the support site later today to see what's been updated so far.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic