ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD and Intel Graphics Card
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amd Radeon RX 580

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliverobertsx22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amd Radeon RX 580
    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 7:48am
Hey I have run into a problem when trying to play video games. I recently just installed a new graphics card the Radeon RX 580 8gb and a new mother board the asrock 970 Pro3 R2.0 . For some reason my FPS is worse than before even though I upgraded my pc. I was told that I might need a new cpu because although it is compatible it is out of date. I have the amd FX 8350 8 core processor. I was also told that it might have something to do with the bios. Please get back to me if you have had the same problem or might now a fix. Thank you.
StefaanC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StefaanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 5:25pm
The RX580 is sure not a 3D game champion , frame rates go far under 60 fps
Unless the video card is helping a bit with AMD stream processors. Like NVIDIA cuda but cuda runs faster then AMD stream processors.

I use AMD threadripper x1900 8 core 16 threads running standard on 3.8Ghz but a bit overclocked to 4Ghz continuous which is it's turbo boost frequency to get a bit better performance , passmark benchmark original 3321 and now 4764 , this system runs 7 hours a day and is stable.

Note on overclocking the CPU: the cooling of the system must handle the change or the system will shut down

If we compare this CPU with the FX-8350 then the FX-8350 is much slower.

Another things to keep an eye on , Your board is still using a North and South bridge, but the North bridge is for some time part of the CPU but frankly not the FX-8350. Realtek ALC892 is also part of a Latte panda, decent audio but noise floor not so good, I installed a Asus essence stx on my previous FX-8350 system and I don't know how much ram you have cause as soon when the system is overloaded and starts to write date to the swap file then the system acts slow.

So which operating system and 32 or 64bit version?
What driver are you now using from AMD?
How much DDR3 ram is installed an what is the speed of this ram?
BIOS You can update the bios if there is an update which is addressing video. But if not no need to.

rehankhan57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rehankhan57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 6:40pm
I understand Your problem. It's your video card problem and graphic cards. You must buy the graphic card according to your system specification. I recommend you buy the MSI GeForce GTX. This is really Excellent working. I also buy this from PC Fanatics.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic