ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not POSTing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsteinholz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not POSTing
    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 1:11am
Hello,

I have just purchased an ASRock Z490 Pro4 Motherboard with an i7 10700KF processor. I am using the power supply and GPU from my last build, which are relatively new and in working order.

After installing everything, all fans, lights, etc. seem to operate as expected, however, I am never able to get any display output for the BIOS. The computer will idle for some time and then reset.

The processor is a (F) model, which means that it does not come with integrated graphics, however, my GPU is installed. All indications of functioning seem to be there, lights turn on, fan turns on, etc. However, there is no BIOS display output.

So far I have,
* Disconnected all SATA devices
* Disconnected all PCIe devices
* Reinstalled RAM in different SLOTs (RAM does feel wobbly and able to pull out even when latched)
* Reset the CMOS (following exact instructions in user manual)
* Reconnected and verified everything is properly connected to the Power Supply

However, this has not changed the lack of a BIOS display output.

Additionally, I only have USB keyboards, which would typically have their LEDs turn on with the computer. However, I noticed that none of them ever illuminated. Indicating to me that the keyboard cannot get a connection to the computer.

Where can I go from here? Is it possibly an issue with the CPU or Motherboard? How can I verify this?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Thomas
tsteinholz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsteinholz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 2:30am
UPDATE: it was the wobbly RAM that was the problem lol. As soon as I snapped them into place everything started to work as expected!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 5:43pm
Thanks for the update

The first step in troubleshooting POST issues should always be to double check
everything is properly installed/seated

Enjoy your build
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic