ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sidewinder FF2 USB joystick - UEFI hangs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tox1c90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sidewinder FF2 USB joystick - UEFI hangs
    Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 6:43am
Hello!

I'm using an Asrock H77 Pro4/MVP (UEFI-BIOS 1.70) and have discovered an UEFI bug when my Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 USB joystick is connected during the UEFI boot process when the Asrock logo is shown.

When USB legacy support is turned on or set to "UEFI setup only", the boot process hangs when the joystick is connected. The Asrock logo stays forever and nothing happens. Although the information how to enter UEFI setup is still showing, the computer does not respond to any input. I have to press the reset button.
If I don't disconnect the joystick before doing the reset, the problem happens again.

When USB legacy support is turned on and the joystick is NOT connected, the computer does boot as usual. After Windows has loaded, I can connect the joystick and use it without any problem.
When I enter UEFI setup and then connect the joystick, the UEFI setup freezes completely and I can't move the cursor anymore and it's not responding to any input -> have to press the reset button.

When USB legacy support is turned OFF, everything is fine even when the joystick is connected during boot time.

So the only workaround seems to be to switch off USB legacy support completely (then I can't use my mouse in UEFI setup and can't boot from USB sticks) or to always disconnect the joystick when I switch off the computer or doing a restart. 

Is there a possibility to really solve this problem without any of these workarounds?

Edited by tox1c90 - 22 Jan 2016 at 6:44am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic