ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

bios bad flash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edupalafolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bios bad flash
    Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 6:39pm
for troubles updating my asrock fm2 a88x extreme 4+ i change for a moment a bios chip of my other pc (asrock fm2 a88m extreme 4+ (onli change M x X)
put again my origilan bios chip and update with asrock fm2 a88m extreme 4+ file.
pc dont works ok but now i cant update a real file of my motherboard (a88x) message says this file is not supported in all modes (instant,dos,windows...)

IN THIS MOMENT: MY MOTHERBOARD ASROCK FM2 A88X EXTREME 4+ working whit a bios of ASRO FM2 A88M EXTREME 4+

HOW can i update file fm2 a88x extreme 4+ 

please help me my pc dont works ok.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 6:49pm
Odds are, at this point anyway, you'll need a pre-flashed BIOS chip to install.

ASRock sells them:
http://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=RMA

And although you're in Spain, BIOS Depot on eBay is a reputable Seller I've used numerous times. If they don't have a listing for your motherboard use the "Contact Seller" link and they'll return your email promptly with a link to a Buy it Now page they'll create especially for you.
http://www.ebay.com/usr/biosdepot

Edited by wardog - 23 Jan 2016 at 6:50pm
edupalafolls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edupalafolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 6:55pm
no any system to fool the bios and update whit real file?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 7:25pm
You'd be messing with fire to try that.

Meh, you performed a bad flash. Best just to eat that bullet and buy one.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edupalafolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 7:33pm
ok thanks a lot just i buy one on ebay.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edupalafolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 8:17pm
last question.
when i recive a new pre-flashed chip, first i clear cmos and insert new chip or... insert new chip and load defaults?
never try this again :(

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 9:31pm
Unplug the computer from the wall, remove the CMOS battery. jumper the CLRCMOS to the clear pos, press and hold the cases Power button for 10 seconds, insert the chip.

It would be best upon first boot to go into the BIOS and Reset to UEFI Defaults once, first.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 9:33pm
Hint, NEVER flash a BIOS from within or while running Windows.

With ASRock MB's always use the safest and nearly disaster-proof Instant Flash means and file.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edupalafolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 5:29am
many thanks i folow your steps soon.
thanks a lot.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 5:30am
Originally posted by edupalafolls edupalafolls wrote:

many thanks i folow your steps soon.
thanks a lot.

Keep us posted please on the progress when you receive it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic