ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bios update caused reboot loop (b450m pro/ryzen 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bios update caused reboot loop (b450m pro/ryzen 3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bios update caused reboot loop (b450m pro/ryzen 3
    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 11:45pm
Try what ThreeDee suggested and when you clear CMOS follow this little guide:
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=630&title=how-to-clear-cmos-via-battery-removal

If that doesn't get you up and running again contact ASRock Tech Support here:
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 6:02pm
try booting with just 1 stick of RAM in slot A2

..did you have the power unplugged from PSU (or switched off) when you tried clearing the CMOS?
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
Big_al72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big_al72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 9:37am
I'm not very advanced with computers obviously though I did build my current system. B450mpro with ryzen3 Picasso.

Unfortunately I've been having sound issues and a dpc latency monitor told me to update the bios.

I tried updating from 4.3 to 4.9 today with a flash drive. It said the programming was successful but when I pressed enter to reboot it wouldn't boot up. I get the blue power light for 10 seconds then it turns of and on again ad nauseum. No boot screen at all.

I tried clearing cmos by taking out the battery and also putting a dime on three clearcmos pins on the motherboard but no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas or am I stuck sending the motherboard back to as rock as an rma?

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic