ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 Gaming K6 and Fan-Tastic hangs in uefi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z170 Gaming K6 and Fan-Tastic hangs in uefi
    Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 6:38pm
Hi,
just received a Z170 Gaming K6 with preinstalled 1.20 Bios. 6 total fans connected: one 4-pin CPU fan in CPU fan slot 01, one 3-pin fan in CPU fan slot 02, and 4 3-pin fans in the chassis fan sockets.

If I enter the bios, and if I enter in Fan-Tastic Tuning, I can see the graph on the right and all the fan on the left, and I can do whatever I want, and the settings are applied correctly.

After that, I updated to 2.00 BIOS, but when I try to enter the Fan-Tastic Tuning from advanced mode, the Uefi hangs.

Tried 1.80 Bios, same situation.

Reflashed 1.20 bios, and everything is ok again Confused

Cleared cmos, updated again to 2.00 and again uefi hangs in this situation.

For now, I use the preset Silence for each fan, but I cannot enter in fan-tastic and modify the graph because it freezes.

So it seems to be a BIOS related problem. What can I do?
Tenkei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tenkei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 10:25pm
Unfortunately this happens to me too. It also happens when you're just navigating through the settings. I reported this a few weeks ago, but even the newest BIOS version doesn't seem to fix it. I only hope that ASRock will keep an eye on this matter.
Ixioras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ixioras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 2:08am
This same situation happens to me. My UEFI hangs, update to v.2.00 don't fix this problem.
This is kinda JOKE!!!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 3:08am
I suspect the issue is being investigated. It seems not to occur on all configurations. If all of you experiencing this issue could share your full system specs that will likely prove helpful to Tech Support. 

It is also worth noting that BIOS freezing issues are not exclusive to ASRock products which leads me to believe that it may be a gremlin with Skylake itself. Regardless of where the problem stems from I am sure ASRock is doing everything they can to resolve these issues. 
SuperMario View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

I suspect the issue is being investigated. It seems not to occur on all configurations. If all of you experiencing this issue could share your full system specs that will likely prove helpful to Tech Support. 

It is also worth noting that BIOS freezing issues are not exclusive to ASRock products which leads me to believe that it may be a gremlin with Skylake itself. Regardless of where the problem stems from I am sure ASRock is doing everything they can to resolve these issues. 

Sure. These are my specs:

- Core i5 6600K (OC to 4.4GHz @ 1.28 V, same problem with stock)
- Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 (at 3200 xmp, same problem with stock)
- Asus R9 390 Strix
- Corsair RM750i
- Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
- Cryorig H5
- Cooler Master 690III
- 2x Corsair Air Series AF-140 LED
-
Corsair Air Series AF-120 LED

I do not have any other bios freezes, it happens only when I click on Fan-tastic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 9:53pm
Bump?
Oggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 8:41pm
Exactly same problem. And not only this one. Strange start up behaviour after power loss, unstable PC with bios 2.10 and more.
Intel 6700K@4,6GHz (+70mV), Z170 Gaming K6+, 16GB Corsair 3200MHz 2T
Ixioras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ixioras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 2:03am
Originally posted by Oggy Oggy wrote:

Strange start up behaviour after power loss

What do you mean?
Oggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 4:52pm
I have in bios set stay off after powerloss. But if my pc is off and power is lost, then after power is back online pc starts to boot. But after few seconds it shutdown itself, after moment startup again, but stay in frozen mode with black screen and power led shining. I have to plug out and plug in power cord, After this is pc able properly start and all next starts are OK till next power loss.

Edited by Oggy - 13 Feb 2016 at 4:54pm
Intel 6700K@4,6GHz (+70mV), Z170 Gaming K6+, 16GB Corsair 3200MHz 2T

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 7:07pm
Bump?

Should I contact the Tech Support to inform them about the issue?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic