ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will not resume from Sleep/Hybernate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JakeFSM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will not resume from Sleep/Hybernate
    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 3:53am
Sometimes when I come back to my computer my screens are on standby but when I move the mouse or strike a few keys nothing happens. The board and fans are lit up like the computer is on but I get no response, caps lock key does not light up, control alt delete does nothing and control shift windows B does nothing.
When this happens I push the power button (single press no hold) the mother board and fans power down(5-10 seconds), I push it again the computer starts right up(10-15 seconds) so hard power off is not required. Most the time I have to re-open everything like a normal restart but sometimes everything will come up like it should from a sleep/hibernate. If I remember to manually hibernate before I leave the computer its a non-issue, the computer wakes up normally.

I have tried enable/disable sleep
I have tried enable/disable hybrid sleep
I have tried ignoring it because it can restart it in 15-30 seconds even if I have to re-open things...
I have tried lots of things but this is me starting to troubleshoot again and asking for help this time because it seems to be happening almost every time now. I don't think it's Wake on USB setting because when manually hibernated it will wake from KB/Mouse just fine.

ASRock X470 Taichi
Ryzen 3800X
32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200 CL14 (not RGB)
ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO_2TB
Power Color RX5700 (not xt)

Running Windows 10 Home and a Samsung 970 Evo Plus for backup.
Asrock X470 Taichi
Ryzen 3800X
ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO_2TB
kuririkura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuririkura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 8:47am
Try enable deep sleep on s4 and s5 state.

Prior to that, disable all usb, pcie, etc wake on
JakeFSM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JakeFSM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by kuririkura kuririkura wrote:

Try enable deep sleep on s4 and s5 state.

Prior to that, disable all usb, pcie, etc wake on

I tried that today and my computer still would not wake up.
Asrock X470 Taichi
Ryzen 3800X
ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO_2TB
JakeFSM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JakeFSM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 12:36am
I tuned off suspend to ram (S3) and that did not work.

Then I turned off Ultrafast boot and that didn't help either.

I set hibernate to never and I thought that solved it but now it seems to be doing it anyway. Maybe just when the screens turn off.
Asrock X470 Taichi
Ryzen 3800X
ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO_2TB
JakeFSM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JakeFSM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 12:54pm
Came back from vacation, applied a new software update that was released when I was gone and have not had a problem since.
I just turned hibernate back on I hope everything stays good.
Asrock X470 Taichi
Ryzen 3800X
ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO_2TB
JakeFSM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JakeFSM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 1:39am
Nope, problem came back a few days later but I have made some headway...
The problem is not Sleep/Hibernate, its when the monitors turn off.

When the problem came back after the update I turned off sleep/hibernate completely but my monitors turn off in 15 minutes. When the problem persisted I realized its when the computer shuts off the monitors. I now have turn off monitors set to "Never" a Hibernate back on but to a shorter wait time. The computer wakes fast enough for it to not matter very much and I think I can live with this workaround.

I suspect the root cause (besides my GFX card) may have something to do with having a mix of DP monitors and DVI monitors using DP adapters. I may test this theory later by removing or upgrading the DVI monitors.
Asrock X470 Taichi
Ryzen 3800X
ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO_2TB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic