ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock FM2A55M-VG3+ memory support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefrancisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock FM2A55M-VG3+ memory support
    Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 7:09am
Hello, I'm tempted to buy a processor (AMD A8 7600 Quad Core) to make a slight upgrade on my computer, staying with the following configuration:

Processor : AMD A8 7600 
Motherboard : ASRock FM2A55M-VG3+ 
Memory : KVR1333D3N9/4G - 4GB DDR3 1333 

I was seeing the list of compatible memories with the motherboard( http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A55M-VG3+/?cat=Memory ) and not found that my memory model (KVR1333D3N9/4G), will be that I will have a problem?
GrumpyAeroGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GrumpyAeroGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 10:30am
Memory support lists are often not all-encompassing, meaning, if you have memory that is NOT on the list, it may, indeed, work.

Your desired processor supports 2133. You could give it a shot and see if it works. It may well.

If not, be prepared to acquire new memory. The memory you have (1333), may well work.

I'm not an expert, but these are my thoughts.

Edited by GrumpyAeroGuy - 26 Jan 2016 at 10:34am
GrumpyAeroGuy
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 1:51pm
Unfortunately, according to the CPU List for your board that particular CPU isn't supported. Or so it says. Here, I'd suggest you contact ASRock and inquire. I believe it is and it's just a matter of ASRock not having updated the list to reflect so. Best to check FIRST though.

Below is where you'll want to go to discover if that Kingston Value RAM is compatible.
http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search/options/

thefrancisco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefrancisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 9:10pm
GrumpyAeroGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GrumpyAeroGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 10:14pm
You sure?

On the ASRock site, this processor is shown on the list --- is this not it?:

FM2+A8AD7600YBI44JA
GrumpyAeroGuy
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 10:45pm
Wow. Teach me to copy and past a p/n in the wee hours.

Yes, the A8-7600 IS supported.

Sorry for that oversight fellas. I somehow copied the boxed p/n, AD7600YBJABOX , instead of the CPU itself. And again, that's why I couldn't for the like of me figure out WHY I wasn't seeing that 7600 show up in the list when I replied in my first post "I believe it is and it's just a matter of ASRock not having updated the list to reflect so. Best to check FIRST though."

Thanks for holding my hand to the fire and making take a second look.

My sincerest apologies to all.

Originally posted by thefrancisco thefrancisco wrote:

This cpu isn't supported ??

AND

Originally posted by GrumpyAeroGuy GrumpyAeroGuy wrote:

You sure?

On the ASRock site, this processor is shown on the list --- is this not it?:

FM2+A8AD7600YBI44JA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic