ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B550M Pro4 MATX will not Post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveW_CarterMFG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B550M Pro4 MATX will not Post
    Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 2:50am
Below is a list of the Workstation hardware:
  • ASRock B550M Pro4 AM4 Motherboard
  • Memory TED416G3200C22BK 2X 16GB Team
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X CPU
  • AMD FireProW7100 GPU
  • Corsair PSU 750W Full Modular
  • Corsair H100X Liquid CPU Cooler
  • 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Having an issue with this mother board. I cannot get the video to work from the GPU or the integrated HMDI or Display Port. I have built 100's of computers and this one is baffling me. I thought the motherboard was faulty at 1st so I bought a second one. Have the same issue on both. the CPU Liquid cooling fans and case fans all come on. The motherboard PSC leds come on 1st the CPU and DRAM are both red, then they go off and the Boot comes on red and stays on then the VGA light comes on and then a few seconds later both go out.

The memory is inserted into A2 and B2 as required for DR DR 3200 Matisse, I also tried two sticks of different memory Corsair CMW32GX4M2E3200C16 in memory slots A2 and B2. This memory has LED lights that came on and stayed on until I shut of the computer so I know they are getting power. The GPU is inserted into the PCIE3 (Tried it in PCIE1 and it made no difference). I also have a EVGA GeForce GTX 960 GPU and this made no difference in either slot. This card works as it was pulled from a working workstation. I have the NVMe SSD in M2_1 slot with the aluminum cooling block installed. I tried clearing the CMOS as instruced in the user manual. This did nothing to change the situation. I'm kinda at a loss. Does anyone see something I may have missed£

Here is a link to my google drive that has a photo or two of the build.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NmUgwXunkLF_7mIJxaIZt0n2f16GHkyg£usp=sharing

You will have to copy and paste the url as google drive shares do not work in bbc.

SteveW_CarterMFG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveW_CarterMFG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 6:44pm
Sorry about the previous post, for some reason Google links don't work here. So I hosted the images and the video on our company website.

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4
Video 1
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 3:48pm
well .. you won't get any video signal from the onboard HDMI or DP as the 3700x does not have integrated graphics ..

I'd pull the motherboard and use the stock Wraith cooler that came with the 3700x and setup on your desk with everything out of the case .. if it boots then you know you got a short of some sort .. maybe an extra standoff in the wrong place or something. Maybe just use one stick of RAM in A2 for testing purposes while you do that
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic