ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B560M-ITX/ac - No HDMI audio, No IntelDisplayAudio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B560M-ITX/ac - No HDMI audio, No IntelDisplayAudio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macavelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B560M-ITX/ac - No HDMI audio, No IntelDisplayAudio
    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 11:15am
System:

i3-10100
ASTock B560M-ITX/ac
Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2

Windows 10 installs fine and I am able to install all the drivers on the support page.

However the problem i'm having is that when I connect it to my tv or monitor via hdmi I get no audio. I installed the realtek drivers as well and everything works fine with that. The regular 3.5mm audio ports work.

The only problem is the no audio over hdmi. I also made sure that the option in the bios for "Onboard HDMI HD Audio" is set to Enabled but that was on by default.

Doing some research I found that "Intel(R) Display Audio" device/controller in device manager is responsible for audio over HDMI however as seen on the pictures attached it is not there. I read that "Intel(R) Display Audio" is part of the graphics driver but i've installed the latest version (VGA driver ver:27.20.100.9127) on the support page and still no luck.

Any help would be really appreciated.

macavelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macavelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 11:58am
Well at least i'm crazy. I'm not the only one with hdmi audio problems with this board.

I was checking reviews from other people about this board to see if any of them had this issue and came across someone on newegg with the same problem.

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813157995

Hopefully its something an unreleased driver can fix maybe.
OH650R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OH650R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 9:07pm
Probably something theyll need to address in a bios update. I would email support.
macavelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macavelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 1:07am
First a correction..I ment to say "not crazy" lol

I just emailed support hopefully they get back to me soon as I was hoping to give the build to someone for their HTPC but no HDMI sound is a deal breaker.

In the product support page there is nothing listed under "Bios" so I assume there isn't any bios updates for this board yet. I also tried bios update via the in bios menu but it also stated nothing was available.

I assume they have sold a few of these boards since its backordered on newegg and microcenter (where I bought it from) had a sale on it too. So I wonder if more people have this issue as well.
ttruong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttruong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 9:18am
I£™m having the same issue please post an update when u get a response or I£™m gonna return this mobo this weekend
macavelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macavelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 9:38am
I got an email reply today.

Hello,

Sorry about the issue you are having, the problem seems like defective audio controller. Please contact the seller have MB exchange first.

If you do return it are you planning on getting a different brand or just a new one£

If you do exchange it for the same AsRock board, please let me know if the problem persists. That would mean its not the audio controller but faulty software.

My microcenter is so far away I can't afford to make two trips if its not the board and I should just get a different brand.

Thanks.
ttruong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttruong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 1:49pm
Hmm if that£™s their response then I£™m def gonna exchange it for something different. Sounds like a really bad hardware choice and I£™m thinking if it did work, for how long£
is00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote is00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 5:07pm
Flashing BIOS/UEFI to version L1.32(Beta) from https://asrock.com/mb/Intel/B560M-ITXac/index.ru.asp#BIOS. This solves this problem.

There was the same problem, many solutions were tried, only flashing BIOS/UEFI to version L1.32 helps.

Below is the official support answer:
"Thank you for your test and reply.
Currently, we recommend you keep the BIOS L1.32 for use.
We will phase this beta BIOS into the production BIOS.
After validating the BIOS, we will upload to the website.
Please stay tuned on our website.
Link: https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/B560M-ITXac/index.asp#BIOS"
Harjit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harjit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 3:16am
I had the same problem with the B560M-ITX/AC board. Checked all the settings including the UEFI; everything correct; just didn't recognise the existence of any hdmi audio.
Eventually changed the drivers to the Nahimic version which was on the MB CD. The other one was supposed to be the correct version but these drivers worked and the device manager actually showed 'Realtek HD Audio' instead of 'Realtek Audio'. Still no hdmi audio.
Then changed the uefi version from 1.10 to 1.60 and shockingly the hdmi audio is working now. I hope this information is useful.
HN
Harjit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harjit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 5:23am
Update:

Re-installed the previous audio drivers (the ones for this board - 9075.1) and the hdmi is still working. According to the device driver details, the drivers are HD audio drivers.

So it looks like, you just need the bios update to 1.60 to get the hdmi working. Also with these drivers the Realtek Audio Console works.
HN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic