ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

not picking up new ddr4 ram

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 97redgsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: not picking up new ddr4 ram
    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 6:49am
Hey guys, I recently upgraded my set up to the b550 pro motherboard with the ryzen 5 3600, I thought my old ddr3 2133 ram was causing my system not to boot and the psc for cpu and dram where lit, I concluded it was a faulty motherboard and it was replaced free of charge by microcenter, but any way, before I diagnosed it was the mother board I purchased new Gskill trident ddr4-3600 ram, installed it, made sure I went into the bios and enabled xmp and what not, made sure it was set to the correct ram, How ever I dont belive I am getting the full potential from the new ram, what makes me think this is, on bios home screen it is showing the ddr3-2133 ram still, but next to it, it shows the ddr4-3600 in the drop down box, then I noticed on the cupid cpu app in the spd tab its showing max bandwidth the ddr3-2133 ram, but under the manufacture it shows the new gskill ram and under the part number it shows the new ram I installed, so if any one has any information it would be greatly appreciated
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 11:20am
Well .. first off .. DDR3 won't work on any AM4 motherboard.. you must of had to push pretty hard to get that to "click" in and damaged the motherboard as a result...

hopefully you are just typing it wrong and mean DDR4 everywhere you are putting DDR3

anyhoo ... What does CPUID say under the Memory Tab£
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic