ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not seeing my other GPU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walla2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not seeing my other GPU
    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 1:00pm
Hello all,

Newbie here so be nice lol. I have an ASROCK h110 BTC PRO+ mother board and wanted to eventually have 13 GPUs running on it. I heard Linux was the best OS to run but there is little info on running in on Linux. Also i havent used linux in over a decade. That being said I installed linux on the system and loaded SMOS to run my rig. I finally have it running on my bootable usb disk but only 1 GPU is showing. I added the 2nd and it never showed up but its running and has power. They are both NVDA 1060 GPUs.

Possible solutions (in my head)
1 Maybe i need to run on Windows 10 to run 13 GPUs or more than 1£
2 Maybe I missed an update on my ASROCK£ When i look at youtube videos other peoples bios have way more options than i have. I have version P1.10 installed.

Any help would help!
justwork View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 5:16am
A lot of things could be going on here. Too many to troubleshoot given what you posted.

First try "nvidia-smi" under Linux and see how many GPUs it shows.

Next, if you update to BIOS v1.60 you will get PCI-E slot detection. It will show you where it detects GPUs and what GPU. I'd start there - if the BIOS doesn't recognize the card nothing Linux or Windows can do about it.

Be sure to readup on how to flash - I prefer to do it via "Instant Flash" inside the BIOS itself via the built-in utility. USB drive needs to be FAT32 formatted.

After update, if the BIOS shows both PCI-E slots as green but Linux still doesn't work, it's easy enough to try a different mining OS via USB.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic