ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock x370 gaming x bios problem/bricked

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sohag513 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock x370 gaming x bios problem/bricked
    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 8:55am
Hi there,
I'm new here and don't know how should I ask for help. My apologies .
I was updating bios to 5.90 form 5.20 and while updating I faced load shedding issue and pc turned off (73% done).
After that turned power on and nothing shows on monitor (it's not posting anything on monitor). I got random code on led which is located on motherboard. Led shows me few random code changing and F2 then F9 and it shows forever.

May be my motherboard bricked.

PC Specs:
Ryzen 7 1700
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming X
G.skill flarex 3200 Mhz 8GB
Corsair MP510 250 GB
Asus ROG Strix RX580 OC 8GB

my question is :
How can I restore bios?
what is the model of bios chip? where is the bios chip situated? (my friend said if I know the model he can flash the chip)
can I flash the chip using "BIOS_PH" header? if so which device/cable/programmer need to use. Also what is the correct pin diagram of "BIOS_PH" header. ( my friend told me to ask)
Current situation:
For the COVID-19 pandemic we are in lockdown situation. every service center is close now. and the the lockdown period is not mention yet.
I'm a full time freelancer and I need to fix the motherboard asap. I can't effort new one now.

Please help me to fix this problem.
Thanks in advance
obayed
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 12:30am
bios chip is located inbetween your two long pcie slots right by the printed asrock logo
as shown in the online manual page 15 section 1.3 handily called *motherboard layout*

this will be a tab in the same website you downloaded the bios file from
which clearly states
*ASRock do NOT recommend updating this BIOS if Pinnacle, Raven, Summit or Bristol Ridge CPU is being used on your system

my overwhelming advice now is
after misfortune of updating a bio file which needed not to be updated
and misfortune of a power outage while updating bios without a UPS system

now you want you friend to flash the bios chip when he dosnt even know how to identify the pin1 of the rom chip???????

this will be the third bad decision you make

get someone who actually knows how to flash a chip correctly
or look on ebay for a pre programmed bios chip to solder onto the board yourself (and make note of the pin1 position before removing the old one)

sorry if i sound blunt but the way your heading sounds like the problem growing worse not better, and someone needed to advise you better
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 10:08pm
It is extremely unlikely you will need a new ROM chip. What you will need is an EEPROM programmer (something like an EZP2010/2014/2017 or CH341A) you'll also need a SOC / SOIC clip which you attach to the soldered ROM chip. Make sure you get a programmer that includes the required software and drivers because it can be a real pain in the arse to manually track those down yourself. Now follow these steps;

1. Install the software and drivers on a laptop then connect the programmer to the laptop.
2. Launch the programmer software, it should have an auto-detect feature to correctly identify your ROM chip
3. Download the last known working firmware for your board and load it into the programmer software
4. Hit the "Flash" button, once completed remove the SOIC clip
5. All done and you should be golden again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic