ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

F11 Bootup Menu Not Displaying Properly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparks79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F11 Bootup Menu Not Displaying Properly
    Posted: 28 May 2015 at 1:59am
My System is Z97Extreme6, 32gb Ram, Xp941 SSD, i7-4790K CPU,DVD Burner, Windows 7 Pro 64bit.
The PC Works OK and Windows is OK.
However When I select F11 for Bootup Options, I get a Blank Screen.
Now if I Move the Mouse around , the Options begin to show , Line by Line as I Left Click and Drag the mouse over each line.
Any clues please anyone.
sinusoid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinusoid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 2:40am
Sounds like a buffering problem somewhere...

Do you have a GPU in it?
sparks79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparks79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 3:11am
Thanks for the thought, I forgot to mention I am using the onboard graphics, but I get the same problem if I use a Graphics Card
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by sparks79 sparks79 wrote:

My System is Z97Extreme6, 32gb Ram, Xp941 SSD, i7-4790K CPU,DVD Burner, Windows 7 Pro 64bit.
Now if I Move the Mouse around , the Options begin to show , Line by Line as I Left Click and Drag the mouse over each line.
Any clues please anyone.

I don't have this problem with my Z97 Extreme6 board, the F11 Boot Option menu displays fine.

Are you using any of the Fast Boot settings besides Disabled?

Occasionally, some users have had a similar problem with the UEFI/BIOS UI. I assume the UEFI display is working fine?

What video interface are you using between the board or video card and your monitor? VGA, DVI, HDMI, etc?

Have you changed the Full HD UEFI option in the UEFI?
Schlunze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlunze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 12:13am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by sparks79 sparks79 wrote:

Any clues please anyone.

I don't have this problem with my Z97 Extreme6 board, the F11 Boot Option menu displays fine.

Are you using any of the Fast Boot settings besides Disabled?

Occasionally, some users have had a similar problem with the UEFI/BIOS UI. I assume the UEFI display is working fine?

What video interface are you using between the board or video card and your monitor? VGA, DVI, HDMI, etc?

Have you changed the Full HD UEFI option in the UEFI?

It is sometimes horrible on multi monitor setups too! Maybe the reason is buggy UEFI-Bios.

cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic