ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AsRock x570 Extreme4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorAwesome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AsRock x570 Extreme4
    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 7:07am
Hello, I have a little issue with my mainboard.
The little, and cheap looking M.2 fan of my x570 Extreme 4 started rattling
every time, the rpms get higher, meaning it rattles during bootup and gaming.

Link to a picture of the fan:

https://www.google.com/search?q=asrock+x570+extreme+user+manual&sxsrf=ALeKk00GQf7QS-wnFcam9kvyKkzDFFVCCA:1619649142332&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj976ee_6HwAhWDCOwKHatiBGcQ_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=1920&bih=937#imgrc=2EApJyqpgJZaWM

The fan is also rattling, in a constant rythm, like stepping/ letting go on the gas in the car, while standing at a crossing. And sometimes, its sounds like a lathe, wearing of metall.

I dont really want to buy a whole new motherboard, after only using this one for aproximatly 9 months . I´m hoping for someone knowing the name of this fan, so i can replace it.
Also, I have no clue why, this thing started rattling, i´ve kept my pc clean, andnever pushed it over 70% workload, mostly because the 2080, gives no fricks about any games.

If anybody has a clue, thank you in advance.
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 12:59am
You can reach out to ASRock and see if they will send you a new fan first..

..and if you were a bit on the shady side, get a new same model motherboard and swap chipset fans and send the "new" one back .. but that would be a bit shady and not recommended
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic