ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350m Pro4 boot problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350m Pro4 boot problems
    Posted: 01 May 2021 at 2:22am
Hi

AB350m Pro4 will not boot. With an A8 9600, it gives the 3 beep error code, with a Ryzen 2200G, it does nothing but constantly power cycle. I have tried 2 different PSU's, 4 different sticks of ram in single and double configuration, discrete gpu in pci-e slot, replacing cmos battery, clearing cmos...nothing has worked.

The 3 beep error code I believe is a sign of memory test failure, but no matter how many times I reseat the DIMMS in any configuration, it keeps coming back the same.

Is this board basically dead?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 2:33am
with the A8 9600, have you tried 1 stick in A2 and motherboard out of the case on a static free surface? Making sure that RAM is seated properly, sometimes they can be a bugger to fully 'click' in.

If it does boot, take note what BIOS is installed and update accordingly/make sure that you are running a compatible BIOS version for your 2200g.
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
Dandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 2:57am
Hi, thanks for the suggestions.

Yeh, Ive tried a DIMM in every slot, 2 DIMMS in paired slots...then the same with different DIMMS...no joy!And if i push any harder to seat the DIMMS I'm going break something! Even tried cleaning the slots.

My first thought was the bios version regards the 2200G, which is why I got the A8 9600...not thinking it would just create a whole load of other problems!!

It is a 2nd user board, but was bought as a working component, and flashed to bios 4.70 according to the seller so the 2200G compatability should be ok, but...

Unless its REALLY particular about what brand and type of ram is used, I think Im just going to write this one off.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic