ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bios Crash after update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zinatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bios Crash after update
    Posted: 30 Jan 2016 at 4:36pm
Pls help me guys, after I updated my bios from 1.70 to 2.70 it crashed it prompted me to restart after that only black screen appears. I hard shut down it and after I tried removing the battery and nothing happened after I reset the cmos and nothing happen. my fans and everything is working but no display. the keyboard and mouse has no power too. plsssss help me guys you're my only hopeConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused
zinatz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zinatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2016 at 4:37pm
P.S. my mobo is

Fatal1ty FM2A88X+ Killer

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2016 at 4:42pm
Try the below:
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=630&title=how-to-clear-cmos-via-battery-removal

Know, that may not work in this instance.

If after following step 5's 4hr period you still don't get anywhere, leave it sit battery-less and jumpered for a 12-24hr period.

Short of these I'm guessing you'll need a new BIOS chip.
motofatality View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motofatality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 8:04am
    Same here , ( http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1866&title=fm2a88x-killer ) same mobo same situation , bios flashing gone right i got the msg press enter to restart and now 1 + 1/2 day never seen a post from this mobo . ( tried cmosed with power off and battery off for 10+ hours  , with 1 stick ram of twos , vga remove re installed . nothing . ) it might be a corrupted bios or a mobos fault cause from little googling i ve seen several ppls losing their x88 fatalitys with these steps at last one month . ( bios flash etc ) 

Ps i dont want to sound negative but ur mobo might prolly never boot up again . Better to be wrong but thats my opinion . 

My mobo when it bricked out yesterday was ONE day beyond shops guarrantee   . So i bought a new one . 

Edited by motofatality - 31 Jan 2016 at 8:07am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 10:58am
Originally posted by motofatality motofatality wrote:

My mobo when it bricked out yesterday was ONE day beyond shops guarrantee   . So i bought a new one . 

Why? All it needs is a $15.00US BIOS chip easily obtained from ASRock or off eBay from BIOS Depot.

A complete new board IMO is wee bit excessive.
motofatality View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motofatality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 5:23pm
 I was on a bit hurry and didnt wana  be without desctop for several days thats why . 

I Surelly im gona resurrect her some time  and then might sell it or upgrade my second desctop that sits on my parents home . I found some European sellers that charge 10euros for a new chip and free shiping.....

Edited by motofatality - 31 Jan 2016 at 5:24pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 5:44pm
That's what I figured but wasn't quite sure how to put it into words here.

Edited by wardog - 31 Jan 2016 at 5:44pm
zinatz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zinatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 9:32pm
Asrock should do something about this because they are the ones who released the updates. I havent even used it.
zinatz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zinatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 9:39pm
Just incase can you send me a link of my bios chip so that I can buy the exact same thing with ebay. Thank you so much and really appreciate your help guys
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 11:04pm
http://stores.ebay.com/Bios-Depot

If they don't list a BIOS chip for your board msg them through eBay Messaging with your boards model and they'll reply with a link to an eBay Item that they will create for you to purchase one from them.

Nice people with fast shipping.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic