ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No ultra low-power boards?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usert566 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No ultra low-power boards?
    Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 3:55am
Intel has released some low cost, very low power CPUs (e.g., E3805),  with great potential for low power applications, such as VPN servers, pfSense firewalls, etc., but ASRock doesn't seem to have any products featuring any CPU with TDP <5W. I think the stellar popularity of ultra low power devices like the Raspberry Pi should be a clue to ASRock and other manufacturers that there is a significant market for such devices. I have a C2550DI ASRock board, but I wouldn't call it low power since it idles at around 40W, which is more than some Dell Core i7 systems.

I am in the market to build a system with AES-NI instructions for OpenVPN and uses under 10W from the wall. I am surprised to see that this portion of the market is almost completely devoid of products.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 1:55pm
Part of the problem with using processors like the E3805 is their lack of any built in graphics/video support.

But you may have been looking in the wrong place. I might be wrong that these products are similar to what you are looking for, but here they are, regardless. Scroll down the page for the lower power consumption products:

http://www.asrock.com/ipc/index.asp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic