ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - System crashed and boot but no screen display and
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

System crashed and boot but no screen display and

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AH17M4N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: System crashed and boot but no screen display and
    Posted: 17 May 2021 at 2:17pm
Hi guys, my system just crashed and now wont boot. I've read through alot of similar threads with more or less same problem with one of them pointing towards a dead mobo. I still wanted to get an answer here from people more experienced than I.

So I have a system I've built for my dad.
It comprises of:
Asrock taichi x370 mobo
Ryzen 1700x 8core 16threads
12gb kingston ddr4 ram
Rosewill Hive 750s 80+bronze psu
1tb seagate baracuda hdd
120gb patriot burst ssd
Gtx 1050ti

All in a generic Xtech case that came with mouse, keyboard and headphones.

A little background:
I've had the mobo and cpu for like 3 yrs but only used it for a couple months until x470 motherboards came out whereby I immediately upgraded. So the x370 mobo was out back into its box and put up as well as the ryzen 1700 cpu. Decided to build a sytem so it did. Baught all other parts necessary and pc came on on first try. I literally was using the pc and even gaming on it, showing dad how nice it is, and shutting it on and off couple days.

Today I decided to download and update the Nvidia diver but through the download the system literally shut off twice and i had to restart it. It wasnt alarming to see that happen as i thought the driver was being installed, until i restarted and saw the divers weren't even fully downloaded is when i got alarmed and that when the monitor went blank infront of my face.

What I did:
Restarted the pc multiple times to no avail.
No debug code is shown when its powered on but all fans lights up and turn even cpu fan and psu fan.

Cleared CMOS multiple times as well as restarted system still same results.

Removed rams but one, same results

Change ram slots using only one, same results.

Disconnected all but one drive with same results.

Debug code display is literally blank all the time through all this testing. When before it used to run through codes while it was being started up.

Please help me guys.
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 2:25pm
do you have a different PSU you can try?
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 6:39pm
forget the cmos clr button on back of the board

its useless (i know as i have this same board )

unplug from the wall >remove the coin battery on the board> press and hold power button on case fpr 10 secs 2-3 times> refit cmos battery > plug back intot eh wall> now try to boot with just one stick of ram in slot a2 (the 2nd one away from cpu socket)

now at least you have actually reset the bios/cmos properly
if no luck i suggest threedee might have the solution being a possible psu issue,but its cheaper to check the bios isnt locked right up
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
AH17M4N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AH17M4N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 7:44pm
Psu is working fine... This is the second psu as the first one died. I even used the tester and psu works fine.
AH17M4N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AH17M4N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 7:45pm
Thanks for you all reply, will try this. I just woke up.
AH17M4N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AH17M4N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 11:56pm
Took everything apart reseated the cpu, ryzen 1700x put one stick of ram in. Powered the system back on without the cooler on the cpu. Kepty thumb on the cpu to see if it gets hot but to no avail. Could it be my ryzen 1700x is dead. It doesnt get hot at ALL.
AH17M4N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AH17M4N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 1:27am
Figured it out. Didnt want to go and dismantle my newly built watercooled system, which was the only other AMD ryzen built pc in my home, but i did and it was tedious and somewhat a pain in neck and back lol but processor is good as well as PSU and ram. The mobo was the culprit its not giving power to the processor at all so the processor wasnt even heating up.

Thanks for you all replies.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic