ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock N68C-S UCC DDR3 Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c1k2j3c4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock N68C-S UCC DDR3 Problem
    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 2:16pm
I have a weird problem that I need help with. Just an FYI, my problem only involves DDR3. I have no issues with DDR2.

So here is my problem. When I turn off the power supply using the on/off switch on the back of the power supply and then turn it back on and try to boot the system, the motherboard powers on and then immediately turns off. Meaning the fans spin up, LED lights come on and then everything shuts down.

To get everything working again I have to pull the DDR3 memory sticks, turn on the computer and have it post to error for the missing memory, shut down and reinstall the DDR3 memory and then the computer will properly start. The motherboard will have no issues until the next time I have to flip that power supply switch. I then have to do the same thing all over again.

Anyone have any thoughts? Like I said this issue is only present if I use DDR3. If I use DDR2 I can flip the power switch on the power supply on and off all day and have no issue. I have Tried DDR3 memory from Kingston, Patriot, ADATA, G.Skill and Corsair. All have the same issue. I have even tried different video cards and a EVGA 500 watt power supply.

System being tested:
AMD Phenom II X2 545
Asrock N68C-S UCC
ADATA DDR3-1600 2gb x 2
ATI Radeon HD5870
Corsair TX750 power supply

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic