ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

b450m/ac wif not working properly need help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meme machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: b450m/ac wif not working properly need help
    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 11:16pm
about a year ago i made my pc with the b450m and the WIFI was working fine but after moving it to a different corner of the room the wifi became much worse (it went from around 200mbps to 20 or lower) with my phone being able to retain it at the exact same space if anyone could help that would b greatly appreciated
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 3:57pm
You can change out the WiFi card to a better one .. or get bigger better antenna or a different antenna setup.

Go to Intel's website and check for updated drivers for your WiFi card

Check for updated firmware for your wireless router .. if it has SQM feature, enable it and see if connection quality is improved.
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 7:02pm
just to add
options
cable extender to the wifi aerials to get them out from behind the pc/case to on top of desk (same as changing aerials i suppose)
download and install new chipset drivers direct from AMD (has helped a lot of wifi related issues ,as its the bridge between the card and the rest of the board)
consider the possibility you have moved the pc to suffer interferance from
wifi door bell
wifi home phone
wifi nest devices
NEXT DOORS wifi router the other side of wall
etc
etc
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic