ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - H97M-ITX/ac no 'Trusted Computing' option in BIOS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H97M-ITX/ac no 'Trusted Computing' option in BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cr08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H97M-ITX/ac no 'Trusted Computing' option in BIOS
    Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:52pm
Jumping in with all of the hooplah with Windows 11 and the upcoming system requirements.

Currently my main rig is running an H97M-ITX/ac motherboard with an i7-4790 (non-k) attached. Per the user manual it should have a trusted computing section in the Advanced tab of the BIOS but on mine it is nowhere to be found. Secure Boot enabled, CSM disabled, even have a Supervisor password set (which I've seen as a potential fix for this on some other boards). It's on the latest 2.00 BIOS.

Anyone got any ideas? Is it possible this only shows with a proper TPM module installed? Information seems vague on if this specific Haswell CPU has Intel's PTT enabled or not. Any additional info on this would be fantastic.
pufaxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pufaxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 12:00am
On H97M Pro4 "Trusted Computing" only shows, when a module is installed. -> http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5746&PID=33837&title=h97m-pro4-and-tpm#33837 - Could not try it myself, my module didn't arrive, yet.
cr08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cr08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 11:28pm
Thank you. That makes a lot more sense after reading that thread.

So basically TPM module or bust on this board. Which if I have read things correctly it looks like I'm stuck with 1.2 on this board and can't do 2.0.

And from the looks of things, Haswell CPUs are likely going to be completely out of the running anyways for W11 barring some miracle from Microsoft on the system requirements so likely all this is moot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic