ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Phantom Gaming z390 TPM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggilman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phantom Gaming z390 TPM
    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 7:19am
I have a Phantom Gaming z390 sli motherboard. It fails the Windows 11 upgrade test because due to missing TPM.

I looked in the BIOS and under security, there's a setting to enable or disable the Intel TPM. It was already enabled, but I've tried both settings with no luck.

I bought the TPM2-S TPM 2.0 module from a vendor and installed on the motherboard on the TPM header. Still no luck. Turning the previously mentioned Intel TPM setting in the BIOS to either enabled or disabled, Windows still does not recognize any TPM. I've tried scanning hardware from device manager. Not sure what else to do.

I'm running the latest BIOS for the motherboard, 4.30. There is a beta BIOS available, but it doesn't mention TPM.
ggilman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ggilman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 8:21am
I fixed the issue. Posting here to hopefully help others.

I turned on Secure Boot. This was a multi step process. This did not solve the issue, though it was left on when finished so it's possible this is required.

What fixed the issue was changing "Security Device Support" to enabled. Reading something else, it said you needed to disable this between BIOS updates to turn TPM off. Following that logic, I enabled the security device support and TPM was immediately recognized in Windows and I now pass the Windows 11 upgrade test.

giga22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giga22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 8:46am
Hi - I had the same issue. I also had to turn on secure boot - but the main issue was I had to re-flash the BIOS from the UEFI (not Windows) and then it behaved itself. I had previously been using the Windows utility to upgrade the BIOS, but it looks like it wasn't doing its job properly. Anyway, lesson is to always flash from the UEFI.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic