ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450M/ac R2.0 & Win11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gravitas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450M/ac R2.0 & Win11
    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 2:09am
Couple of questions:

- Is this boot capable of meeting the requirements?

- I have BIOS R.20 P2.30, should I upgrade to 2.70?

- I have enabled fTPM and that passes the reqs now.

- I cannot figure out how to configure the Secure Boot so that it passes. In the BIOS is says that Secure Boot is enabled but that does not do the trick.

- Boot Method is Legacy. What do I need to configure here?

-Anyone know if you can convert a non GPT partition to GPT without having to reinstall Windows?

Thanks for the help as I just got this board 2 weeks ago and still learning it.
Khun_Doug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khun_Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 2:26am
You will need UEFI boot to work with Secure Boot, as far as I understand. So you will need to change Legacy to UEFI.

As for Win 11, Microsoft pulled the PC Health Checker tool. They will release it later. I have a virtual PC and a laptop that both failed the health check. Microsoft seems to have changed their minds on the requirements, at least for now. Both of the PCs successfully downloaded and installed the Insider Preview build 22000.
mrpancake21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrpancake21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 6:37am
How to change it from legacy to UEFI? I have b450m ac/r2.0 motherboard. Please help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic