ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Onboard Video driver not installable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mho747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Onboard Video driver not installable
    Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 5:19am
Hi,
I have a new fatality z97 killer mb. I installed a hd 5670 amd and a i7 4790k. When my new monitor u28e850r arrived i want to use the hdmi slot. But that didn.t work. The driver is not installed. When i try to install the driver from the download site (VGA driver) it keeps telling me "this computer doesn't have the minimum specs for installating this software. I tried different ones. What can i do to solve this problem? Or is it a bad driver?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 3:32pm
No driver installed for the Intel CPU's graphics? That does not make sense, unless...

Did you install Windows for your new board? What version are you using?

Or, are you not using Windows? Linux, etc? Only you know what you are using, we don't. Confused
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 3:46pm
If the HD 5670 is still in the system then you will need to go into the UEFI (BIOS) and enable the onboard GPU (on CPU actually) by setting "share memory" under "advanced\chipset configuration" to anything other than auto. If it is set to auto the system disables the iGPU by default when a discrete GPU is detected. 

Trying to install the iGPU driver without first enabling it in the BIOS will result in the error you mentioned.
mho747 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mho747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 4:21pm
Hi,

Thanks. It is fixed by removing the card. The bios option is also a good idea!
Further more... what video card give's me the best graphics on a samsung u28e850r when i want to play gta V.

Thanks in forward.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic