ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - x570 Ph Gaming Tb3 + AMD Ryzen9 3900 not starting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x570 Ph Gaming Tb3 + AMD Ryzen9 3900 not starting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanislavus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x570 Ph Gaming Tb3 + AMD Ryzen9 3900 not starting
    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 3:04am
Hello! I have following configuration:
- x570 Ph Gaming Tb3 mb
- AMD 3900 cpu
- NZXT Kraken X53 RL-KRX53-01 fan
- Kingston DDR4 64Gb (2x32Gb) 3600 MHz pc-28800 HyperX Predator RGB (HX436C18PB3AK2/64)
- Palit GeForce 3060

When starting system, all RGB working well, but monitor shows that it have no HDMI or DP signal from motherboard.

Unplugged geforce from motherboard, reconnected cable to embedded video: nothing.
Unplugged all SDD: M2 and external: nothing.
Unplugged wifi cable ( :) ): nothing.

What I have now is just Power -> motherboard -> CPU and HDMI. Nothing. No signal to monitor.

Motherboard leds are off. No signals/error codes/ audio signals with error codes. Looks like it started well. And, yes, when connected monitor to notebook, it working well. Problem is not in monitor. How to diagnose it?
Stanislavus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanislavus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 3:14am
And very important notice: system was working well for 2 monthes. And in one day just switched off while playing Cyberpunk. After some time (may be 6-10 hours) after reassemblig it started and after 1 day switched off again.

While playing I checked temperatures in cpu, mb and video card by ASRock toolset. 70 was maximum, what looks comfortable for system. Have no idea how to check errors.
Stanislavus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanislavus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 3:25am
Also after switching off and unplugging power cable I pushed CLR CMOS button: no effect.
Khun_Doug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khun_Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 2:27am
That sounds like either a failed motherboard or a failed CPU. One thing you can try is to flash the system with the USB/flash button sequence. That would make sure the firmware did not get corrupted. Another thing to try would be to reseat the CPU.

The next thing I would try would be to use the cheapest CPU available for that motherboard. You could ultimately keep the CPU as a spare. But a new CPU would definitely determine if the existing CPU is dead, or the motherboard is dead.

Aside from that, I would reach out directly to Asrock and see if they have any suggestions to determine if you have a failed motherboard or CPU.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic