ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asroch Z490 Extreme4 + RKL-S Altency Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moppps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asroch Z490 Extreme4 + RKL-S Altency Issues
    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 11:54pm
Hi all,

I recently upgraded from a i5-10400 to a i9-11900 on my Z940 Extreme 4.
I flashed Bios to last stable release wich was 1.70 everything seemed to be fine.
But when i ran AIDA 64 Cache and Memeory Test i noticed wired wright performance coupled with sub pare latency for choosen Ram settings.

I switched to Beta bios 1.72c but nothing changed.

I checked subtiming an found some wired trained values that killed wright performance (tWRWR_dg was set to 8 wich greatly hinders wright performance )

I mananged to get Read/Wrigth/Copy Bandwith to reasonable numbers ater manually checking subtimings regarding choosen Dram clock and Timings but Latency was still way to worse around 55ns

I double checked back with the old i5 10400 and it got striaght 46ns witch is a reasonable Results for 3466 Cl14

Flipped 11900 back in with comparable Mem settings , still crappy latency around 55ns , like there is no scaling with tighter timings and better clocks on RKL-S latency wise O.o

I took the 11900 to a friend with a Asus z590prime and he got straight 48ns latency with crappy 3200 16-18-18-38 2T 530 with XMP without any other tightning of subtimings .

-All test where done in Gear 1 mode in case of RKL
-All test where done with Energy profile max performance
-Testing with only 2 sticks and another Menemory kit ( 3600 CL16 bined B-Dies ) showed no improvment
-loading optimised defaults and reseting didnĀ“t help either
-reflashing Bios didn`t help

In my opinion we got a problem with Z490 Extreme 4 Bios/microcode + RKL combination that hinders performance and makes upgrades to this kind of CPUs worthless performance wise due to a seroius latency penalty compared to Cometlake ones.

I hope this is something that can be fixed fast with a Bios/Microcodeupdate!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic